Services We Provide
- Home Visits: Our field workers can visit you in your home to talk about your situation. They can then work with you to plan and make changes that will improve your life and that of your family.
- Practical Assistance: We receive various donations such as household goods, second-hand clothing, books and toys that we provide for families.
- Programmes: We run programmes for parents and children.
- Family Friendly Events and Camps: We organise many family events and camps throughout the year, such as boating trips, swimming, nature trips and playground adventures. These events strengthen the bond between parents/caregivers and children. There is an emphasis on positive relationships within families and with other families.
- Newsletters: We send newsletters to all our registered families at the start of each school term. The newsletters include articles, event details, parenting tips, recipes and competitions for children. We also produce an update for our funders and supporters to keep them informed about what we are doing.
- Advocacy: We can support you during meetings with organisations and agencies such as Work and Income, Strengthening Families, food banks, etc.
- Parent Library: We have a library of books including a broad range of subjects such as parenting, child development and coping with grief. We also have beautiful story books for children. Our library is in our office at Christchurch Community House, 301 Tuam Street.
Contact Birthright Canterbury